Wrinkles are an inevitable phase of life. Our skin is naturally elastic and regains shape after being stretched due to elastin and collagen. With age, our skin tends to become thinner and loses its natural elastic property. However aloe vera works wonders in delaying signs of aging and wrinkles, as one of the best home remedies in treating wrinkles.
Is Aloe Vera Good for Treating Wrinkles?
- It acts as a great moisturizer by penetrating into deep layers of skin.
- It removes dead skin cells, counteracts the free radicals actions and its anti – oxidant property prevents signs of pre – aging.
- It is a rich source of vitamins A, B, C and E that nourishes the skin and prevents the skin from aging by providing essential strength to the skin tissues.
- It can be easily absorbed and effectively repairs damaged skin.
- It rebuilds the collagen faster and prevents wrinkles. It also prevents the breakdown of existing collagen with the regeneration of fibroblast cells.
- It contains malic acid that improves the elasticity of skin. It also has muco-polysaccharides, a long sugar molecule chain that retains moisture, vital for healthy skin.
- Aloe gel contains 96% of water and has over 200 healing phytonutrients, choline, niacinamide and another 18 amino acids that clear many skin problems.
- It contains polysaccharides such as acemannon and other chemical compounds which stimulates the skin cells regeneration. It prevents or heals the damage of being exposed to sunlight.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Wrinkles:
1. Aloe Vera
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel or juice on the affected skin.
- Massage it gently in circular motion for 2 – 3 minutes.
- For more effective results, leave the gel on overnight.
- Apply regularly.
- This method is used to treat wrinkles all over the skin.
- This process also helps to prevent new lines forming.
- Always wash an aloe vera leaf before using to prevent dirt and debris.
2. Aloe Vera with Yogurt and Cucumber
- Mix 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 4 tablespoons of pure cucumber juice and 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel together.
- Apply on the affected skin.
- Leave for 20 minutes before washing off with water.
- For treating eye wrinkles, mix 4 teaspoons of yogurt, 2 teaspoons of vitamin C powder and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and apply under the eyes for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the process regularly.
3. Aloe Vera Scrub
Regular exfoliation increases the collagen production to cure wrinkles. In this process, brown sugars exfoliates the dead skin cells, olive oil gives healing nutrients and aloe vera penetrates deep into the skin to clear wrinkles.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Apply on the affected skin and massage it gently for 4 – 7 minutes in a circular motion.
- Wash off with lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
- Repeat three times a week.
4. Aloe Vera Face Mask
This method works best if you have a hot and steamy shower first.
- Clean and dry your face and neck.
- Combine 1 tablespoon each of aloe vera gel, raw honey and milk, a pinch of turmeric powder and few drops of rose water.
- Apply on the face and neck.
- Leave for 20 minutes before rinsing your face with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry and repeat one a week.
5. Aloe Vera Mask with Seaweed Powder
Seaweed detoxifies the body by removing the impurities, and nourishes the skin by restoring essential nutrients. This combination stimulates the blood circulation that leaves the skin healthy and glowing.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of seaweed powder in 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel to get a paste.
- Apply a thin layer on the face and leave for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off thoroughly and repeat once a week.
6. Aloe Vera Mask with Egg Yolk and Olive Oil
- Combine 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Apply on the affected skin.
- Leave for 20 minutes before scrubbing off with water.
- Mash 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 1 egg white and 4 drops of rose water.
- Stir and apply this as a face mask.
- Wash with lukewarm water after 15 – 20 minutes.
- Mix 1 egg white in 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Stir well and apply on a clean face.
- Leave for 15 – 20 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 3 times a week for 3 – 5 weeks.
7. Aloe Vera Mask with Grapes and Honey
- Blend 1/2 cup of fresh grapes with 1 tablespoon each of aloe vera gel and raw, organic honey.
- apply on the affected skin and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water and pat dry the skin.
- Repeat once a week.
8. Aloe Vera Facial Spray
- Peel and blend 1 cucumber.
- Strain this juice and mix in 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 2 teaspoons of rosewater.
- Transfer into an empty spray bottle, add mineral water and stir again.
- Spray this mixture a few times a day on the affected skin.
- Store the remaining in the refrigerator for up to a week.
9. Aloe Vera with Honey and Ground Oats
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of aloe vera gel, honey, ground oats and ground almonds.
- Apply on the affected skin.
- Leave for 30 minutes and scrub gently with wet hands.
- Then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Or apply a face mask by mixing 1 teaspoon each of aloe vera gel and honey.
- Leave for 20 minutes and wash with warm water.
- Follow this process regularly.
10. Aloe Vera with Vitamin E
- Break 1 capsule of vitamin E to extract its oil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and stir well.
- Apply this mixture on the affected skin.
- Leave on for a few minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
11. Aloe Vera Gel with Cucumber
This process contains vitamins A, C and E which are essential for smoothing fine lines and rejuvenating the skin.
- Mix 100 gms each of pulped aloe vera gel and cucumber.
- Blend them in a food processor by adding water to make a paste.
- Apply on clean skin and leave overnight, washing off the next morning.
- Or blend the juice of 1 cucumber, 1/2 cup each of aloe vera gel, olive oil and melted organic coconut oil. Use as a daily lotion, storing it in the refrigerator.
- Use this paste regularly.
12. Aloe Vera with Lemon
- Combine fresh aloe vera gel with fresh lemon juice.
- Apply on the affected skin and massage gently in circular motions.
- Leave for 20 – 30 minutes before rinsing your face with warm water.
- Apply regularly to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
13. Aloe Vera Lotion with Beeswax and Soy Lecithin
- Melt 1/3 cup each of olive oil and beeswax in a pan then allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile add 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and 1 tablespoon of soy lecithin in 1 cup of aloe vera.
- Add the beeswax and olive oil and mix well.
- Then add 1/4 cup of sweet almond or jojoba oil along with 3 – 5 drops of an essential oil.
- Mix together and store in an airtight container.
- Apply this on the affected skin.
- Apply this daily.
- If refrigerated, the lotion will last for 3-4 months.
14. Aloe Vera Lotion with Coconut Oil and Borax
- Boil 1/2 teaspoon of borax and 1/2 cup of filtered water in a pan, then leave to cool.
- Heat 1 cup of organic coconut oil in another pan and keep it aside for few minutes.
- Mix these together then add 5 – 10 drops of any essential oil and 3/4 cup of aloe vera gel.
- Store this in an airtight container and apply this lotion daily.
15. Aloe Vera Facial Moisturizer with Coconut Oil
- Combine 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel,1/2 teaspoon of vegetable glycerin and 3 drops of organic coconut oil.
- Apply as a face moisturizer.
- Massage it gently and leave for a few minutes to dry.
- Wash your face with warm water followed by cold water.
- Follow this regularly, especially after a shower.
16. Aloe Vera Massaging Cream
- Mix small amounts of aloe vera extract, kokum butter, jojoba oil and Shea butter.
- Apply as a massage cream on the affected area.
- Massage it gently leave for a few minutes to absorb.
- Wash and pat dry the skin.
- Repeat the process regularly.
17. Aloe Vera with Ripe Papaya
- Mash 2 tablespoons of ripe papaya and mix it with 1 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area and leave for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water and repeat the same process regularly.
18. Aloe Vera with Green Tea Serum
- Dissolve 5 gms of green tea extract in 4 tablespoons of water.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 40 drops of olive oil and some fresh lemon juice.
- Shake it well and refrigerate for a few minutes.
- Apply before going to bed.
Drinking Aloe Vera Gel for Wrinkles:
Research has found that drinking aloe vera gel increases collagen, which is a basic structural skin component that deals with skin wrinkles. It also detoxifies the digestive system by going through the intestinal tract and clears the toxins, making your skin glow.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of aloe vera gel in your favorite smoothies or lemonade.
- Drink daily in the morning.
- Or you can drink aloe vera juice by mixing it with water.
- Blend 1 apple, 1 banana, 3 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera, 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds together makes a great healing drink.
- Note: Pregnant and feeding women are advised not to drink as it lowers the blood glucose levels.
Aloe Vera Products for Wrinkles:
The present market is filled with aloe vera wrinkle products which you can buy online or at any health stores. A few products are listed below.
- The Aloe Aurea Gel by Zuccari is safe and natural, used to rejuvenate the skin.
- INYE Active Aloe Ferox is prepared from the South African Aloe Ferox plant that enhances the collagen production to reduce wrinkles and fine lines for long lasting protection.
- The Age Defiance Pro – Firming Serum by Aloette. Aloe vera gel is a main ingredient.
- Other aloe vera products include Smooth E Aloe Vera Anti – aging Cream, Mineral Line – Aloe Vera Anti – Wrinkles Eye Cream, etc.
Tips and Precautions:
Follow these tips for efficient and safe use of aloe vera gel.
- Conduct a patch test first to make sure you are not allergic to the ingredients.
- As well as following these methods, you have to follow proper skin care for healthy skin.
- Fresh aloe vera juice can be stored for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.
- If you can’t get fresh juice, use 100% pure and organic aloe vera juice.
- You can also apply a paste prepared by mixing aloe vera and fenugreek powder together.
- You can just place fresh aloe vera gel on your face overnight for great results.
- Before using any natural remedy, it is best to discuss the health risks with your doctor.
- It might increase the effect of some hydrocortisone creams and topical drugs called sevoflurane. So the usage of aloe vera along with sevoflurane may increase the bleeding risks during any surgery. Avoid using this combination prior to any surgical procedure.
- Do not use on open wounds or burn.
- Never increase the dosage of supplements.
While using these methods, consume foods rich in vitamins and anti – oxidants, drink plenty of water, avoid sudden weight gain or loss, protect your skin from sun’s UV rays, avoid intake of harmful substances like tobacco, etc. for quick and long lasting results. Please feel free to share your experience with us.
Do you know any other aloe vera remedies for wrinkles? Do not forget to share with us.